Gluten Free and Allergy Market Research Executive E-Summary
Research Overview of Gluten Free and Food Allergic Consumer Experiences
The key market research findings available in the detailed 60-plus page market research report include:
- Quality of life and society are significantly impacted by gluten & allergen-free diets
- Taste of food products ranks as #1 consideration in purchase decision
- 62% of the eating establishments surveyed consider gluten and allergen-free customers to be a new and profitable market.
- Majority of food service providers are experiencing a growing demand for special dietary meals from guests.
- 92% of gluten, wheat and allergen-free guests will return frequently to the same eating establishment after a positive eating out experience.
- There are significant business opportunities for increased revenues from repeat and loyal customers when food service professionals get it and customers feel safe.
- Increased awareness of celiac / coeliac disease, gluten sensitivities, food allergies and intolerances are driving more restaurants and hotels to request that guests notify them of any food concerns.
These findings from 35 countries gathered in 2008 deliver an innovative 360 degree view of market trends and expectations from:
- Over 2,500 gluten & allergen-free consumers
- Almost 200 hospitality respondents representing 2,000-plus eating establishments
- With 125,000-plus quantitative responses and over 3,500 qualitative comments