Discover Gluten & Allergy Free Restaurants
The number of restaurants, quick service chains, hotels and bakeries around the world that cater to those managing healthy diets free from gluten, dairy, other allergens and sugar is continuing to expand. For a list of gluten, allergy and vegan friendly restaurants and their websites, click a restaurant category below:
- Ethnic Cuisines
- Restaurants – US
- Restaurants – Global
- Fast Food – US
- Bakeries – Global
- GFree Beer – Global
- Breakfast Suggestions
Resources for Eating Out and Traveling
Whether you’re eating across town or around the world, empower yourself and live life to its fullest with the Let’s Eat Out! series of mobile apps, books and ebooks at your fingertips!
Key Factors Driving Growth of Allergy Friendly Restaurants
Based upon the cutting edge Global Market Research conducted by GlutenFree and AllergyPassport, we believe the dramatic growth in healthy special diet restaurant and hotel menus is due to five key factors:
- 62% of the eating establishments surveyed consider gluten and allergen-free customers to be a new and profitable market.
- Majority of food service providers are experiencing a growing demand for special dietary meals from guests.
- 92% of gluten, wheat and allergen-free guests will return frequently to the same eating establishment after a positive eating out experience.
- There are significant business opportunities for increased revenues from repeat and loyal customers when food service professionals ‘get it’ and customers feel safe.
- Increased awareness of celiac / coeliac disease, gluten sensitivities, food allergies and intolerances are driving more restaurants and hotels to request that guests notify them of any food concerns.
Points to Remember with Any Restaurant or Hotel
Individuals need to remember that even if the restaurant chain or hotel offers a gluten free menu, an allergen chart or an allergy friendly menu, they still need to ask the right questions and review their meal to ensure safe healthy eating experiences.
Having to following a special diet increases the level of complexity involved in ordering meals outside the home. We need to arm ourselves with the knowledge needed to safely eat in any restaurant.
Knowing what ingredients and food preparation techniques are safe, what questions to ask the staff and what modifications can be made empowers us to have to safe and enjoyable eating experiences.
It’s all about education, preparation and communication. The more you know, the easier it is to dine out safely and put the control back in your hands as a customer even if the restaurant offers a gluten free menu, an allergen chart or an allergy friendly menu!
Kim’s Advice on How to Safely Dine Out Gluten & Allergy Free Podcast with Shelley Case, RD (20:12 Minute MP3 Audio File – 4.6mb)
Copyright 2005 - 2013 - All Rights Reserved. | Website by Opuscule